Friday 30 January 2015

Inside my travel make up bag...

Before I went off on my travels exploring Thailand, I had the usual "What make up should i take?" dilemma which the majority of us girls get! I tried to slim down my contents of my existing make up bag but I didn't seem to be getting anywhere. Each time I took something out of the bag, I added something else to make up for what i took out. It was just organised chaos - BIG FAT MESS!

I tend to leave the make up in the bathroom in the day and let my skin feel the fresh beach air and "glam" it up a little at night. As i don't tend to tan much taking one shade of a light coverage foundation doesn't prove troublesome.

My usual make up travel bags contains:


My usual option is the good old MAC Face & Body. I love this foundation as it gives me the option of a light coverage or I can build it up to a medium coverage. (For the "I look a mess today" days)

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in shade Rose. I absolutely adore this product as it's a 2 in 1 product and it can be subtle or built up just like the foundation!

Illamasqua Complement Palette, a small compact eye shadow palette which allows me to create a whole range of looks.
A good old Super Cheap Rimmel Soft Black Khol Pencil, as sometimes we all need a little drama on a night out!


Last but by no means least the good old faithful Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara.


Having NEVER traveled an entire country in 4 weeks my main concern was the weight of my backpack! I knew I would be picking up clothes/ ornaments / gifts along the way and wanted to make sure I kept my belongings as light as possible! SO.... the above options of make up I wanted to simplify even more! First off, I booked in with my local mobile beautician for Eyelash Perming and tinting and eyebrow waxing and tinting to give the base and save a little extra room :)

I started to do some research into products ideal for holidays on the web, Facebook groups and asking friends that have previously traveled. This is where I was sent in the direction of multiple BB creams, I have tried a variety of BB creams in the past and wasn't all that keen on them!

 I researched a little more and these are the products I ended up taking on my travels....


The Body Shop All-in-one BB cream, this product is incredible (Yeah I said it!) Its a lightweight coverage (so not ideal if your prone to breakouts) However, as it transforms from a white cream to suit your skin tone for the entire 4 weeks I didn't need to worry about the colour. It matched PERFECT every single time!! 
5 out of 5 from me. 


My trusty Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in shade Rose. (Previously mentioned) I just couldn't leave this beauty behind. 
 Last but not least... MAC Studio Sculpt Mascara. I only used this towards the end of my holiday as I had my eyelashes tinted and permed before we set off.  Fist time I had used this mascara and I loved the length and depth this mascara gave me!


Yes that's it! ONLY  3 products, I think its unheard of - A Make Up Artist travelling with only 3 make up products! To be honest I couldn't of been  happier I did it, It made me forget about make up for 4 weeks and just enjoy my time travelling an amazing and beautiful country! These are certainly products I will be re-using on my next adventure. 

Be interesting to hear whats inside you're travel make up bag... :)


Thanks for reading
Zoe 
x


*Please note all images were taken from the brands webpage and they are not my own*




No comments:

Post a Comment