Thursday 5 February 2015

Portfolio Project - Week 1

This week we have been given our assignment briefs for our new modules. The past week I have been through every emotion possible (How is that possible? You tell me! haha.). I started off really excited about this module and my creative side was running away with me literally! I decided I would create a big elaborate Multi-Piece make up. I told my lecturer my idea, It then came apparent just how ambitious  I was being! As this project is designed so we have a awesome piece of work to add to our portfolio which would hopefully get us a job in the industry/area we want to. Being a novice in Multi-piece make ups, this is not the best module to do it in. I  felt deflated, hated the module and wanted to hibernate under a rock FOREVER! The only issue is, I actually want to pass the course - So last Thursday I sucked it up and started to plan again.

FINALLY it all came together I know exactly what I want to create, how I'm going to do it as well as how I'm going to display it :)! I am currently sketching/Photoshop-ing my pre-vis so I can show you all (and my lecturers) exactly what I want to produce. 

I have made a Gant Chart to keep on track and not fall off the wagon.


A budget has also been produced to make sure I don't bankrupt myself during it too (I'm getting pretty close to the line)

The display is something I'm excited but nervous about too! I want to display my prosthetic in an acrylic display box which has doors on the front that open outwards the only issue is buying something like this costs around £50-90 that's not an option I have. The only other choice I have is to build it myself, It will be a great learning opportunity however, this is going to be a nightmare! Inside the box will be the prosthetic positioned between 2 pieces of clear plasti-card that has been vac formed to match the face cast and prosthetic. 

I had a go at Vac forming yesterday so It was one less thing to worry about later down the line....

Here is the Vac-Formed face cast :)
 Once cut out....

I LOVE IT! I think it's an awesome little machine and suddenly want to vac form everything haha!



That is as much as I can update you all for now on this project but keep your eyes peeled as it's about to get very busy :)
Thanks for reading 

Zoe x





No comments:

Post a Comment